Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Midway challenge #77..Recycling with DS4J

Happy Wednesday everyone.
What a busy time the last few weeks have been, and it just seems 'normal' I was reminded by hubby that in 10 weeks from now we will be far away on our holiday with our son and family in New Zealand...kind of scarey...well lots to do before that so I had better get myself into action mode.

Today I have a card for  challenge #77 at Digistamps4Joy. Elenor has challenged us to recycle something and to add a snowflake.

Here is what I used:





Paper ... Leane Creatief...Winter design

Acetate..from an embossing folder packaging (I save all of these) ..embossed with a snowflake design attached to dark blue cardstock with brads

Image...Snowman. Coloured with Distress inkpads and cut with an X-cut die. Glossy accent eyes and 2 brad buttons and icicle glitter for the frosty look

Snowflake...Joy/Noor design die

Finished off with twine round the image,..also recycled from a gift I received.

I will add a sentiment when I decide where the card is going.


I invite you to join in this challenge. Use something that you have kept, bits of twine, maybe something from  packaging, we all seem to save bits and pieces to use later...Here is your opportunity.

I am going to enter the following challenges:
Bearly Mine designs #107...ribbon/string/twine
Songbird challenge #26...Blue Hawaii..use lots of blue
Through the Craftroom Door...Anything goes
Use it Tuesday #65...Scraps, pieces,odds and ends (acetate pieces saved from packaging)
Craftitude challenges #50...Anything goes/beginning with letter S
Crafty Catz challenge #201...Anything goes
Sister Act Card challenge #27...Anything goes
The Sisterhood of Crafters...Anything goes
Stamp-n-Doodle challenge...Embossing, Wet or dry
Bunny Zoe's Crafts challenge..Sept. challenge..Something blue

 I hope you all have a wonderful week, have fun doing what you like and take care.
Love Ursula


 
 

13 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Just gorgeous Ursula. Love how you have used the twine around the frame.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Erica ♥ said...

Wat een leuke kaart, en wat mooi met
dat twine erbij ☺

Fijne (knutsel)week gewenst ☺
Lieve grtjsss van Erica ¤
heidebloempjuh.blogspot.nl

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Gorgeous card Ursula fabulous snowman thank you for joining us this week at Crafty Catz
Hugs Dianne xx

Petra Swart said...

A holiday in NZ - I'm jealous!! - my twinsister and her family lives in NZ!! - would you be able to fit my into your suitcase???- I'll be quiet and pass through all the gates without a problem - LOL!!
Your card is lovely, Ursula - I love your snowman and the twine you've added. Great!!
Groete

Laura Bradley said...

Fab Christmas card Ursula! Thanks for joining us at Songbird Challenges!! Laura xx

Darlene said...

This is awesome Ursula ... love how you've placed the twine around the snowman ...
Sorry about the hassle over at The Sisterhood ... that was my fault, I had 'clicked where I shouldn't have' ... grrrr. It's fixed now and if you'd like to put this adorable card in the Inlinkz that would be great. Don't want to miss anyone when it's time to draw the winner.
Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘ANYTHING GOES’ challenge and please come back again soon!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
The Sisterhood of Crafters
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Naomi Johnson said...

Great card. Thanks for joining us this week at Crafty Catz. Naomi x

Anonymous said...

great card! I love that you used the acetate...I have a bunch of those too!
Thanks for joining us at Use It Tuesday this week.
Tammy DT

Teresa Arsenault said...

This is gorgeous, Ursula. I love the layout and that twine detail.
Hugs,
Teresa

Michelle said...

Hello Ursula,
your card is fantastic. I like the snowman.
Thanks for joining us at Stamp n Doodle.
xxx Michelle

cotnob said...

This is a fabulous card, such a jolly snowman image.
Thank you for sharing with us at Bearly Mine Designs this week.
Pauline
x
P.S. I have candy on my blog if you would like take a look -
http://craftingwithcotnob.blogspot.co.uk/

ScrappyGoodness said...

Love the snowman. Thank you for playing along with us at UIT!

Crafting Vicky said...

Beautiful card! Love the recycling you did.

Thanks for joining our fortnightly challenge here at Craftitude challenge. Hope you will join us next time. DT Crafting Vicky I have some candy on my blog ;o) http://crafting-vicky.blogspot.ca/2013/09/400-followers-giveaway.html