Saturday, February 18, 2012

Back home with a card

Happy Saturday friends
Yes I am back home in SA after a very long, lovely holiday with the family in The Netherlands. Had lots of cold, snow, ice, skating (not me), crafting, fun with the children, good laughs, great time with Steven & Diane (son & DIL), even a"teaching" session at school. Our grandson who is doing English in school this year asked his teacher if we could come and give a lesson...so off we went and did an English lesson with group 7 at Twistvliet school..it was fun for everyone.
Now with my feet firmly placed on home soil it is time to get back to work....housework much needed...but crafting seems more inviting...so I guess a bit of both will do.
This card is one that I made while on holiday. I was lucky to be able to get the new Marianne dies as soon as they came out in January, so I used one of the flower baskets on this card.


White card, matted green cardstock and the DP from  a Marianne pad "Flower Power". Yellows and oranges are not my first choice of colours to use, but decided to go with them for this card.. I also cut out a cream shimmer piece with a Nellie Snellen die.
The basket and flowers were from a new Marianne die, finished it off with lace and an oval cutout for the sentiment mounted with brads. I tried my hand for the first time with Pearl Makers insted of pearls. Need to practise to get nice pearls, but it certainly works and I brought back some colours of these.
I haven't entered a challenge in months...so thought I would give it a bash this time...

All sorts challenge...Anything goes

Will be using these baskets quite a bit soon, as I just love the look of them and I have 3 different ones.
Well that's it from me....got to get back to doing some more cleaning???..crafting!!!!
Have a great weekend everyone..see you soon

5 comments:

Jolanda said...

Wat een prachtige bloemenmand heb je gemaakt . . mooi hoor

Marika said...

Good Morning Ursula

Welcome back to sunny South Africa.

I love your card especially the basket with flowers.

Enjoy your day.

Hugs,
Marika

Sharon said...

Welcome back honey. Nice seeing another card of yours. Sounds as if you had a fabulous time. What a stunning card this is, such a beautiful basket of flowers. Hugs Sharon x

Monica said...

Welcome back to your sunny home... this card is just so very cute... love those flowers. And yellow and orange look perfect. Just right for spring...

Thanks for your kind words,

Monica xxx

Jo Channon said...

What a pretty card loving the lovely spring colours. Thank you for entering it into the Allsorts Challenge this week. Good Luck Jo x