Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Be thankful

Good evening fellow bloggers,
Firstly I would like to say Happy Thanksgiving to all my American friends. I hope you have a wonderful time celebrating and having fun with family and friends. Here in South Africa we don't celebrate Thanksgiving, but I do think it would be the right thing to do, just to take a few minutes and think of all that we have to be thankful for.  I for one have a wonderful family that means so much to me, and I am also very thankful for the friends that I have made all over the world, through this great hobby of cardmaking and paper crafting. So to each and every one wherever you may be ...Thank you, may you all be richly blessed.
My card today was my entry this week as GD at
The Outlawz...colour challenge. We were given this colour pallete and the twist was ..must have a  pumpkin..paper/stamp/

I seemed to be very wanting on this theme, but found that I did have something to use.

Here's what I used.

Cream cardstock, matted orange and brown card. Put a piece of cream through the cuttlebug with pumpkin folder. Coloured them slightly with distress inks, just to add a bit of colour.
The sentiment was a freebie and I don't have a name for the artist. It actually had an acorn on the centre, that I was able to remove and added the pumpkins instead....Barry pumpkins..is all I have on this one.
Hope you all have a wonderful week further and a lovely holiday weekend for those lucky enough to have one. We have had some lovely rains over the last few days, very heavy at times,..at least the garden is smiling.
Take care and see you soon.

5 comments:

Riet said...

Wat een schitterende kaart Ursula.

Liefs Riet.x

Karen Oliver said...

I think it looks lovely Ursula. Its actually a really nice colour scheme. I think orange hues are very underated.

Claudia said...

What a beautiful card!

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

I like the embossing folder you used. Not seen it before. Do you have a name for it & is it an older one? I bought some new Cuttlebug folders that go with Cricut cartridges (Create a Critter & Give A Hoot) today at JoAnns that were 40% off and had a coupon for add'l 25% off.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"
http://CreatedbySunshineHoneyBee.blogspot.com

LaJanette said...

Great card! I love how you have embossed the pumpkins and managed to ink them so perfectly!

I love when it rains; the sound is so relaxing:) Everything is well as long as the power doesn't go out:0)

Hugs;
Janette