Friday, August 5, 2011

B for birthdays, balloons.......





Happy Friday.... Hope the weekend will be enjoyed by everyone.
This double pocket card was made for my grandson's birthday next week. I just love the image and because I am entering it in certain challenges, I chose these colours for it.

The challenges are:
The Outlawz.... Monday...greetings, must have a balloon
Top Tip Tuesday..... blue, green, brown.
Dutch Dare Card challenge...For the kids
This was what I did.
Paper: Kraft cardstock, folded into a double pocket card. Also 2 tags cut from this cardstock. Blue card put through the Cuttlebug with the Happy birthday folder, then matted to the large tag,
Image: Priscilla styles. I printed it twice and mirrored the image to face in the right direction for the card, Cut off the balloons, added some extras and then put them onto the smaller tag with their strings plaited together. The image was coloured with Aquarelle pencils and tombow markers. Cut out the doggie and mounted him with 3D foam pads onto a Nestability cut out, that I shaded with distress ink pads.
Used a Marianne die to cut some grass. and added the number 6 onto the front.
Then I put the strings through the image, so that it was as the original image showed, doggie holding the ballons in his mouth.

Hope you all enjoy your weekend and have fun.

8 comments:

Lisa Minckler said...

Well, happy birthday to your grandson!! I'm sure he'll be thrilled with this. :D Your double tag card is wonderful and I love the little puppy image holding the balloons...that's very creative!
Thank you so much for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday for our "COLOR" challenge. It's been a pleasure viewing your creativity.
Good luck to you and happy stamping...
Lisa xx

Annette said...

Great image and I love those tags. I'm sure your grandson will love it. Great job. Thanks for joining our colour challenge at Top Tip Tuesday this week. Annette xx

Anonymous said...

Great tags and card love the string being tugged by the dog, nice touch! Thanks for playing along this week with us at Top Tip Tuesday for our Colour Challenge
hugs Samantha

Caroljenks said...

This is so pretty - what a fun image! Your colours are perfect for our challenge too :)

Thanks for playing along with us over at Top Tip Tuesday for our Brown, Blue & Green Challenge this week. Don't forget if you have a tip to share with us too you could win our Top Tipper prize!

Carol x

LaJanette said...

Such fun card Ursula! Love the double tag and that pup is super cute with the ballons!

Hugs;
Janette

Stacey G.-2 Craf-t-4u said...

Great pocket card! Thank You so much for joining us at Dutch Dare this week!

TLC DESIGNS, LLC said...

Truly terrific tag! Thanks for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday too. Good luck and join us again tomorrow!
Hugs
Tammy Louise

Birdie said...

Ursula, playing a little catch up here. I have to tell you even I would be tickled to receive this (though don't want to be 6 again.) Love the image, the coloring and have to admit that your grass die intrigues me. I have never seen such a thing and I love the look! Excellent work all around.