Wednesday, February 9, 2011

A Fairy Happy Birthday




Good evening friends, Here we are in the middle of another week, in fact over the middle I guess. This card was made for the birthday challenge atThe Outlawz. It called for a card with fairies, angels or butterflies. So here is my entry.

Paper - white cardstock. The DP is from a local stationr PNA, but has no name, just Scrapbooking Paper. I got these double sided papers on a special of R5.95. per sheet, which is under a $ dollar and very good value. Many colours to choose from, so I stocked up. I used a pink for the first matt, and then a green/yellow/pink, which I cut with a Nellie Snellen die and matted over the image.

Image is a digital, and the artist is a very talented South African lady, Jen Leefling from Durban.
I got it from Digistamps4Joy as a freebie.
I have wanted to colour her since I got her and now was my chance.. Used my distress ink pads and some ranger glitter, also Twinkling H20's.

Finished the card with two ribbons, some gems, a butterfly.
The sentiment was stamped and cut out with another Nellie Snellen die.

The inside was decorated with the same DP, and a white die cut again Nellie Snellen, for the message. Finished off with some flourishes in the pink DP. Enjoyed this card.
Hope to be back soon.

4 comments:

Sharon said...

Oh wow Ursula, this is an amazing card. Well done and good luck with the challenge at the Outlawz... awesome prizes on offer huh! hugs Sharon

Petra said...

Beautiful card Ursie! love the attention to detail by adding a little charm to the ribbon. And that image is just fabulous.

Wanda said...

Love this card! Nicely done!

Jerri Jimenez said...

Your fairy is absolutely adorable Ursula, I love fairies! Your coloring is wonderful! A beautiful card!