Friday, November 19, 2010

Another birthday card.



Happy Friday to all my blogging friends. I can't believe it has been so long with no card from me. Life is a bit hectic and time is flying. Just making a few birthday cards and some swaps that I have committed to, and popping into a couple of blogs here and there. Just another week and I will have some time to craft. Even Christmas cards are just not happening. Anyway, here is a card I made for a special little girl. Our youngest grandaughter in NZ is turning 2 tomorrow (Saturday) and this is the card I made for Gabriella.
I hope I can remember what I did, as in my rush to post it I didn't make notes.
Paper: Ccut and folded a gatefold card with white cardstock and matted pink card onto that. I first ran this through the cuttlebug with the numbers folder, where I foiled the number 2 as she turnes 2.
Image: Stamped the WOJ Henry with cupcake onto watercolour paper and coloured it with a combination of pencilsa and distress inkpads. Put some glitter on the cupcake icing. Cut it with a Nellie Snellen MF die and inked the edges.
Sentiment was computer generated and put on with 2 butterfly brads.
I also decoreated the inside. Again used a NS die cutting out the computer generated message and again matted it onto pink. Punched out various flowers and assembled them with a pearl in the centre.
Family birthdays are almost over for the year, but need to get seriously stuck into Christmas cards.
Hope you all have a wonderful weekend. We had some lovely rain with cool weather, now back to summer. Hope to be back soon

5 comments:

RosesMarijke said...

This card is so cute Ursula!!

Sharon said...

A beautiful card Ursula. I am sure she will love this one.

Lia said...

wonderful card ursula I'm sure she will love it
hugs Lia

Riet said...

Schitterende kaart Ursula,leuke stempel,mooi ingekleurd.
Prachtig je papier.

Liefs Riet.

Anonymous said...

This is a beautiful card, Ursula. Lovely colouring and such a cute image. Thanks for visiting my blog, it is always good to meet new card friends especially from South Africa.
Have a wonderful week,
Amelia x